This page will give you more information about our formidable curriculum partnership (CUSP), including our phenomenal Art & Design, Reading and Writing curriculum
ART AND DESIGN
CUSP Art Exemplar Learning Modules
We have been working incredibly hard to produce what we think
are remarkable resources to support excellence in Art and Design
Year 2 Drawing
CUSP Year 2 Art and Design
Drawing Block A
Year 5 Drawing & Painting
CUSP Year 5 Art and Design
Drawing & Painting Block A
What do I get with CUSP Art and Design?
“It’s like having an art expert beamed into your classroom!”
A long term sequence of learning provides coherence to the CUSP sequence. Learning Modules are written for each area of the Art and Design curriculum.
A Point of Reference provides teacher notes that connect prior learning and give clarity about what pupils will know and do. It also articulates the art history and relevant connections.
Working artistically skills are clearly identified.
Inspirational images and book recommendations are suggested.
A Point of Explanation provides vocabulary definitions, explanation of core knowledge.
High quality teacher videos provide support for technical skills and exemplification of the process and outcomes.
A Point of Delivery provides lesson plan outlines to help teach the what and the how of the learning module.
It also includes the Point of Practice and Reflection to develop learning about Art and learning from Art.
Opportunities for review and analysis, including questions to check understanding that drives assessment. (Links beautifully to Pupil Book Study)
Oracy and vocabulary resources support discussion, rehearsal and use of the language of emotion.
Vocabulary questions follow the successful format of CUSP vocabulary modules.
Art and Design knowledge notes provide excellent structure and reduce the split-attention effect.
Exemplification through sketch books and outcomes show what excellent examples look like.
We already subscribe to CUSP, how much will it cost my school?
There is a one-off fee that can split across three terms:
Small Rural School = £400
Small school = £700
Medium school = £1,000
Large school = £1,250
We haven’t joined your curriculum partnership yet, how much would a single subject like CUSP Art and Design or Science cost?
Schools can join our curriculum partnership with just one subject, should you choose to. Here are the fees that can be split across three terms:
Small Rural School = £800
Small school = £1,450
Medium school = £1,950
Large school = £2,450
You may decide to join our curriculum partnership in full and access all the evidence-led resources that are having a massive impact on pupil knowledge, depth and skill.
How can I get CUSP Art and Design?
Complete the commit to purchase form and return it to our wonderful web content manager, Mary Pritchard. firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the form here.
When will it be ready?
Autumn Term Learning Modules are nearly complete.
We will write the content and publish it one term ahead of the curriculum plan. We will be running a live webinar launch for all schools on 7th June 2021. More details to follow.
Will adding this subject increase my annual subscription to maintain website access, updates and innovation?
No. The annual subscription remains incredibly low. By adding new subjects it won’t increase the cost of keeping the website access.
What about Design Technology?
We have plans to write a really impactful CUSP Design and Technology curriculum, following the design of the Art model. Watch this space!
An introduction to CUSP
CUSP Learning Modules give structure so that teaching can be excellent
The Vocabulary Curriculum supports all our Science, Geography and History Learning Modules
With membership you can access:
- Proven knowledge-rich and impactful curriculum resources (Y1 – Y6) for Science, History and Geography (Art is being written now!) that have been praised by Professor Rob Coe.
- Long term teaching sequences that are interleaved and planned around the retrieval of prior knowledge.
- Subject concepts clearly articulated.
- BIG idea maps for each study to support curriculum navigation, priming and retrieval practice.
- A vast non-fiction literature spine through a comprehensive choice of wonderful online books*.
- Dual-coded knowledge organisers.
- Coherent lesson sequences.
- Cumulative questions connected to each lesson.
- Each lesson has a unique and innovative knowledge note that is dual coded and rich in vocabulary.
- Vocabulary Modules are explicitly designed to support the study.
- Based on principles of instruction.
- High quality images and diagrams to teach from.
- Lesson by lesson resources through our unique knowledge notes designed to combat the split attention effect and increase cognitive participation.
- Downloadable and editable cumulative quizzes strategically mapped to each lesson that support retrieval practice.
- Detailed Vocabulary Modules built around individual Science, Geography and History modules supporting language acquisition, including: Tier 2, Tier 3, etymology and morphology teacher guides and pupil vocabulary toolkits.
- Guides from the highly acclaimed curriculum monitoring and evaluation toolkit – Pupil Book Study.
- Subject leader guidance with sample Ofsted questions and responses prompts.
- A network that connects 1000s of teachers and schools using CUSP, who are driving forward their professional growth.
- A page by page sequence of learning for each study – designed to showcase how teachers are approaching tasks with high expectations and evidence-led practice. (This will resume Post Covid19 disruption when we are fully back and thriving)
- Examples and guidance for EYFS and SEND curriculum practice.
*Curriculum Visions subscription required – we can arrange a discount.
CURRICULUM GROWTH – How to refine and plan for Critical Core Knowledge
Alex explains how you can strategically evaluate and plan the teaching of critical core knowledge – giving pupils a leading.
Unity RTC Using technology to support generative learning with Alex Bedford
Tuesday 16th March 2021
An introduction to CLUSP Reading with Lauren and Alex
An introduction to CLUSP Writing with Lauren and Alex
Vocabulary Insights with Lauren and Alex
Champions of our Curriculum Partnership
Contact Mary Pritchard to find out more email@example.com
Our work is built around
cognitive load theory
principles of instruction
evidence informed practice
We believe learning isn’t an event
It must be
supports acquisition of curriculum content
Evidence informed resources
Each module contains
Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary progression from Y1 – Y6
Dual-coded knowledge organisers
Coherent sequence of learning
Digital Non-Fiction Literature Spine
Knowledge notes for each lesson
High quality teaching images and diagrams
Pupil Book Study
Sequences of Learning
Opportunities to share excellence and collaborate
with schools across England and internationally
Download examples and information
An absolute treat to share our work with all participants today (23/09/2020)
These documents will help you reflect on our conversation.
|Handbook – Vocabulary Insights with Lauren and Alex Video Clip – Vocabulary Insights with Lauren and Alex Developing Vocabulary Provision Reading list Learning Module – CUSP History Y6 Windrush (lite) Year 6 History Windrush generation Vocabulary module EXAMPLE Pupil Book Study Short Clip Yr 3 October 2019|